Nonresident Alien Tax Compliance Session – Foreign Individuals needing to complete GLACIER
- Nonresident Alien Tax Compliance (“NRA Tax”) will host a GLACIER information session for foreign individuals on Wednesday, August 22 from 11:30am-12:30pm, Forum Room at Lamont Library.
- Suggested for foreign individuals who receive payments from Harvard, and are required to complete GLACIER (an online tax compliance system). This session will include an overview of GLACIER, tips and tricks available on NRA Tax website https://nratax.oc.finance.harvard.edu/Glacier, and Q&A.
- To attend, please send an email to email@example.com with the words “GLACIER registration 8/22” in the subject line.
Nonresident Alien Tax Compliance Session– Administrator’s Session for Onboarding Foreign Payees
- Nonresident Alien Tax Compliance (“NRA Tax”) will host an information session for Harvard Administrators on Tuesday, August 21 from 10:30-11:30, Room B-30 (Level B), at Lamont Library.
- Suggested for administrators who onboard and make payments to foreign individuals. This session will include an overview of the onboarding processes in PeopleSoft and Oracle, review of the “BER- Foreign Individual” Vendor Type, a brief overview of the GLACIER online tax compliance system, federal compliance considerations, helpful tips, and Q&A.
- To attend, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Administrator registration 8/21” in the subject line.
GLACIER is an online tax compliance program, to which foreign nationals receiving payment from Harvard will be given access. It is a secure, web-based system that will classify them for U.S. tax purposes and determine appropriate tax withholding and tax treaty eligibility (if applicable).
If you haven't yet received the email from email@example.com, which includes your original login information, or have lost or forgotten your login information, you can click on “Forgot Login?” on the GLACIER login page to access GLACIER. If you still cannot access GLACIER, please contact NRA Tax.
Yes, an email from Harvard will be sent, in tandem, confirming that it's safe to proceed with GLACIER.
We have two resources that should answer all your Glacier-related questions:
Generally, all required tax forms are generated by the system. Note that this does not include the I-9 form or the "required document copies" to be attached to the Glacier submission.